A Panel and Service Upgrade is required when the current panel cannot hold the load of increased demand.
This is accomplished by:
- Upgrade in your electrical panel
- Upgrade in your meter socket
- Upgrade in the wire size between the meter and panel
A Panel Change Out is required when some of the following problems exist:
- Burn out of the main lugs or main breaker
- The circuit breaker overheats causing damage to the buss bar.
- The existing panel is a brand that is prone to electrical problems
- such as a Zinsco or Federal Pacific
An arc fault is defined as an unintentional electrical discharge characterized by low and erratic current
that may ignite combustible materials. Arc faults occur when loose or corroded connections make
contact which can cause arcing or sparking between the connections, such as wall receptacles incorrectly
installed or damaged extension cords which can lead to fires.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission states “Problems in home wiring, like arcing and sparking,
are associated with more than 40,000 home fires each year. These fires claim over 350 lives and injure
1,400 victims annually.
The Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) is a circuit breaker designed to prevent fires. The AFCI detects the
electrical arc and disconnects power before the arc starts a fire.
INGRAM ELECTRIC COMPANY INSTALLS DATA OUTLETS, PHONE JACKS AND